Ripples Audio Codec
Ripples is an audio compression format and audio codec developed by Sevenuc Consulting in 2017. It was developed for automatic speech recognition at the beginning, but now it become a very efficient audio compression format.
- Very high compression rate, smaller than popular audio codec such as 3gp AMR, Opus, SILK, Speex, GSM6.10, G729, G711, X264 and MP3, AAC, M4A, Ogg, WMA. According to its extremely small data output, it can be easily applied to large number of technology and product, especially new multimedia design, new animation design, new audio and video create and playback.
- Universal audio compression, has the ability to convert almost all legacy audio from low bitrate to very high bitrate audio format, and sample rate from 8000 to 384000 Hz. Best balanced compression rate and quality.
- Ability to convert most legacy audio formats on Unix, Macintosh, Windows, Linux and PSP.
- Very suitable for remote music share, radio broadcasting, online TV, video conferencing, in-game chat, Flash Player, audio book, voice mail, Chat Apps (such as Jabber, ICQ, Skype, Viber, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, LINE, Kik, Slack, Telegram, etc), softphone and VoIP.
- Suitable protocols such as RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol), WebRTC (Web Realtime Communication), and industry standard RTP (Realtime Transport Protocol) and RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol).
- Paired with mobile client, easy package and playback (example application).
- Written with ANSI C and can be easily ported to all platform, and can be implemented on Chip.
Why Another Audio Codec:
1: Normal music can be more smaller, especially share them become not so boring, file size reduced 70% and more is amazing!
2: Reduce 80% even 90% of file size for some audio format is exciting!
e.g. mp3, m4a, ogg, wma files in your computer or mobile phone.
3: Extremely small audio file? 10% of original file, eh? Oh!
That means your disk space that only can store 100 songs will get the ability to store 700 songs! that only can store 1000 songs will can store 7000 songs!
Supported Audio File Formats
- Ogg Vorbis
- Monkey's Audio
- Audio format on PSP, Amiga, Palm, WinCE, MTK, Symbain, Ngage, Nintendo, Wii and other platforms: psf, minipsf, psf2, minipsf2, spu, ssf, minissf, dsf, minidsf, qsf, miniqsf, CUE, it, xm, s3m, mod, MPC, shn, wv, wvp, ay, gbs, nsf, nsfe, sap
- Any codec supported by Mac OS X's Core Audio.
mp2, amr, ac3, qt, adts, mp3, m4r, wav, 3gp, mpa, sd2, mpeg, ec3, m4a, mp4, mov, snd, aifc, caf, flac, m4b, 3g2, mp1, aac, aiff, aif, au
Simple Compare Table:
Table 1: Audio Codec Compare
|Wav||10.3 MB (10,315,000 bytes)|
|MP3||3.9 MB (3,869,856 bytes)|
|Ogg Vorbis||1.2 MB (1,212,625 bytes)|
|Ripples||470 KB (469,510 bytes)|
Table 2: Example MP3 Music File Compare
|File Name||MP3 File Size||Ripples File Size|
|First Love.mp3||3.8 MB||482KB|
|Total:||78.6 MB||9.8 MB|
For the peoples who can't stand the popular formats such as MP3 and AAC etc, Ripples Audio Codec offers a better alternative, and .rip files can save about 87% of your disk space compared to MP3 files.
- Ripples Server is the universal audio format converter that can convert almost any kinds of audio files on Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix, PSP and other platforms to Ripples audio compression format.
- Ripples Player is the music player for Ripples audio codec that can save large number of disk space and especially designed for iOS devices.
Online Demo: http://sevenuc.com/en/demo.html
Enjoy extremely small music file now!
Intellectual Property Transfer
please send us a message for further connection.