The above video is very old, but demonstrate the app's features.
Fast share files between your Mac, Windows PC or Linux and iOS devices.
iPowerReader was renamed from iCodeEditor, it is an:
Universal document viewer. Universal document manager. Universal source code editor. Universal multimedia player.
You can download all kinds of files from your Mac or PC and read them on your iOS devices. You can also upload any kinds of files to your Mac or PC from your iPhone or iPad. Browse eBooks and PDF files, read Office documents e.g. EXCEL, WORD and PowerPoint, view pictures by slipping your finger, listening musics like in iTunes and watching movies. Of course, the app can be emphasised using as a resource explorer like Finder on Mac. iPowerReader designed to be a P2P file share solution, you can directly move files between your desktop, server, mobile phone and iOS devices.
- Fast download or upload folders that holds large number of files. All sub-folder and files will be downloaded or uploaded automatically.
- Efficiently organise and manage folder and files. Add, delete and rename folder or file, fast translate them between Mac, PC and iOS devices. The FTP Server can be running on any common platforms, Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix and others.
- Read all kinds of files on your iOS devices conveniently.
- Automatically generate thumbnail for image and video, and different icon for different file types, e.g. pdf, office documents, audio, web files and dozens of types of source code files.
Read & Review code on iPad
This function was especially designed for anyone who wants to read or edit source code on iOS device.
- Syntax highlighting. Source code parser integrated and symbols indexed, such as module, class, function definition, variable declaration etc.
- Symbol browse and filter. Search symbols in folder that holds large number of files.
- Jump to symbol or jump to line. Accurate line location by line number or by the symbol definition.
- Live web page preview. Preview website design with the builtin web browser, so convenient!
- Read code or other files on iPhone is convenient and useful, but edit file on iPad will feel better.
The editor supports Syntax Highlighting for almost all popular programming languages, including but not limited:
FTP Server Settings
1. On Macintosh: System Preferences → Sharing → File Sharing, check the service and got the IP address of your machine, then you can input it in the settings of iPowerReader.
Because macOS High Sierra removed the builtin FTP Server, there's an alternative solution: Personal FTP Server, use the uFTP Server, your FTP settings of iPowerReader should be changed to: 192.168.1.4:2121, i.e. append a port number to the server IP address.
2. On Windows:
- The Windows builtin FTP Server can be configured via IIS (Internet Information Services), please read this article and other articles about this subject on the website of Microsoft.
- Free and Open Source solution: FileZilla Server, highly commended.
- Cerberus FTP Server (Proprietary software).
- CrushFTP Server (Proprietary software).
3. On Android Phone: One of FTP Server app on Android phone.
New The builtin music player in the last updated version support playlist management, cycle loop and random playback, the player can synchronise lyrics sheet with music file. You just needs to put the lyrics sheet that has a .lrc extension together with the music file, i.e. the mp3 file and the .lrc file both must be under the same folder and has a same file name. LyricsMaker is a small util that designed to help making lyrics sheet for songs very easy.
- FTP server software on Wikipedia.
- List of FTP server software on Wikipedia.
- Code Review on Wikipedia.
- Code Reading on Wikipedia.