LyricsMaker is a small util that was designed to make lyrics sheet for songs very easily on macOS, it also can handle other multimedia, such as speech and movie. The app generate accurate lyrics sheet using two files, i.e, the audio or movie file and the plain text lyrics file, so the lyrics text file required to be prepared to match the audio or movie content before processing. It was craftly designed to simplify the work of making lyrics sheet, in daily usage scenarios, you needs to listen audio or watch movie only once.
If you can't open the link above, please launch App Store and found LyricsMaker by searching.
- Step 1: Click button to open the plain text lyrics file, it will parse the file line by line automatically.
- Step 2: Click button to load the audio or video file and then click the "Play" button, when the playing of the audio or video at the point that you want to add a segment of sentence, click the sentence in the right side box, the sentence will be automatically copied to the left side box with its time tags. Continue this process until the playing of the audio or video completed.
- Step 3: After the playback of the audio or video file completed, check the "Synchronising Lyrics" and then click "Play" button, this time the app will playback the audio or video and display the generated lyrics at the bottom of the black area. (of course, you can ignore this step and goto "Step 1" to start another song or video.)
- Step 4: When you satisfied with the result, open TextEdit and create a new plain text file, copy the content of the left side box into the file, save it as the final lyrics sheet file.
- At Step 2, you can slide the progress bar to an arbitrary position that you want seek the audio or video to there as a new start point.
- At Step 2, you can click "Pause" button to pause playing and input a very accurate time value to be a new start point of playing. click button and then input the time value to seek to the point that you want to set.
Note: the time value must has correct format, e.g: 01:40:43 or 40:43. (you can also copy the time tag from the left side box and paste it into the field.)
- At anytime, you can click "Pause" button to pause playing and edit the content of the left side box just like in TextEdit, and then continue until done.
- You can insert more blank lines into the raw lyrics text file to make it looks better before you process it.
LittleFox, the designedly util to synthesis video or audio with subtitle.
Lyrics sheet header
[ti: Song Title]
[00:xx.xx] ... ...
The lyrics sheet usually have a header like above, please refer the format here.
[ti:Interlude] [ar:Morrissey] [00:00.00]Interlude - Morrissey [00:08.00]Time, is like a dream, [00:14.26]Now, for a time, you are mine. [00:20.80]Let's hold fast, to the dream, [00:26.17]that tastes and sparkles like wine. [00:35.70]Who knows if it's real, [00:38.57]or just something we're both dreaming of. [00:44.72]What seems like an interlude now, [00:51.18]Could be the beginning of love. [00:59.16]Loving you, is the world that's strange, [01:04.69]So much more than my heart can hold, [01:10.84]Loving you makes the whole world change. [01:16.94]Loving you, I could not grow old. [01:22.02]No, No nobody knows, [01:27.16]When love will end, [01:30.82]so 'til then, sweet fiend. [01:35.95]Time, is like a dream [01:41.03]and, now, for a time, You are mine. [01:47.14]Let's hold fast to the dream [01:52.78]that tastes and sparkles like wine. [02:03.15]Who knows if it's real, [02:04.65]or just something we're both dreaming of. [02:10.81]What seems like an interlude now, [02:16.96]Could be the beginning of love. [02:23.04]What seems like an interlude now, [02:29.73]Could be the beginning of love.
♪ More Examples
Ripples of Yuet music
Listen the elegant pronunciation of Cantonese, the pure nature sounds of the language, realise the charm of the true pronunciation of pure Cantonese words from the several songs of Hong Kong Cantopop musicians:
Mr. 許冠傑/Samuel Hui Koon-Kit,
Mr. 陳百強/Danny Chan Pak-keung.